Le Rocquier School recognises that for a student to reach their full educational achievement a high level of school attendance and punctuality is essential.
Good attendance is important because:
- regular attendance has a direct link with high levels of school performance
- regular attendance supports students to make better progress
- regular attendance makes school work and learning easier to undertake
- regular attendance establishes routines for successful transfer to further, higher education and employment
- regular attendance support students to make better progress socially and to sustain friendships
In order to achieve high levels of regular attendance, we have an Attendance Team, including Mrs Ross (attendance officer), Mrs Devereux and Mrs Matthews (Education Welfare Officers). They work with students and families to improve attendance and engagement with school.