The instructions below will not work unless the MAC/Wi-Fi address of your device has been registered with LRS ICT support. If you are a student or member of staff at Le Rocquier and wish to register your device you can do so at this link
Due to the number of devices in use it’s not practical to write connection procedures for every device. Below are generic instructions to connect to the three main operating systems ( OS) in use by the most popular device plus the connection procedure for a Chromebook.
1. Go to settings- Wi-fi
2. Select ‘Add Wi-fi Network’
3. Enter Network SSID as ‘STAFF or Student’
4. Set Security to 802.1 x EAP or just EAP
5. EAP Method = PEAP
6. Phase2 Authentication = MSCHAPV2
7. CA Certificate = Unspecified or None
8. Identity or username = LRS.firstname initial.surname+ your year suffix i.e. LRS.j.bloggs08
9. Password = your network password (What you use to logon to a desktop computer at school)
10. Proxy select manual and enter = proxy.jerseyedu.local
11. Proxy port = 8816
12. IP Settings = DHCP
1. Go to settings- Wi-fi
2. Select ‘Provisioning’ network
3. Accept the ‘Acceptable Usage Policy’
4. At the ‘Login to the network’ screen enter your school network credentials. These are the same credentials you use to logon to a school desktop computer. Enter your login username in the format = LRS.firstname initial.surname+ your year suffix i.e. LRS.j.bloggs08 then enter your password and select ‘Login’
5. Select the ‘SMART CONNECT’ option
6. Select ‘CLICK HERE TO INSTALL THE IOS’
7. At the ‘Install profile’ screen select ‘install’
8. At the ‘Warning ‘screen select ‘Install’, then ‘Install’ again to install the profile
9. Select ‘Done’ then the Wi-Fi network connection will then connect to either the Student or Staff Wi-Fi network depending on your login credentials.
10. Go back to settings-Wi-fi . At the top right and under WI-FI it will show student or staff , click on the I in the round circle and at the bottom of the next screen under HTTP PROXY select ‘Auto’
1. On Chromebook click Wi-Fi icon bottom right
2. Select Student Network
3. At next screen select the following choices
Eap Method = PEAP
Phase2 Authentication = MSchapv2
Server CA Certificate = Default
Subject Match = Leave Blank
User Certificate = None Installed
Identity = Your network user name in the format LRS.J.BLOGGS08
Password = The password you use to logon to a school computer (Tick save identity and password)
4. Go to Wi-Fi icon bottom right, click the arrow to the right of ‘Connected to Student’ and click the proxy link and select the ‘Automatic Proxy’ configuration radio button and close the window. Go back to the popup window and click continue. At next screen click ‘Accept’ and continue and you should then be presented with the Google login screen.
Once Logged in you will be taken to a screen which says ‘You have logged out’ click the option ‘Click here to login again’ At the login screen enter your username in the format LRS.J.Bloggs08 and the same password you use to logon to a school computer.
1. Select ‘Provisioning’ network
2. Open a browser i.e. Chrome, Internet explorer this should load the Meru Login Screen
3. Enter your school network credentials. These are the same credentials you use to logon to a school desktop computer. Enter your login username in the format = LRS.firstname initial.surname+ your year group i.e. LRS.j.bloggs08 then enter your password and select ‘Login’
4. Next select ‘Smart Connect’ then ‘CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SMART CONNECT’ and run the ‘Smart Connect.exe’ file.
5. At the ’Smart Connect configuration tool’ screen click start
6. After configuration has completed click connect then open an Internet browser i.e. Chrome, Internet explorer and go to url lsaccess.me/login
7. Once you are at the ‘Login Successful page simply enter any url in the address bar i.e. bbc.co.uk to browse the Internet.